Providers: Learn how to develop and offer services for siblings of people with disabilities!
In an effort to expand the range of sibling services offered across the Commonwealth, the
MSSN offers free technical assistance to provider agencies that serve individuals with
We start with a conversation about your agency and we address the following points:
- assessing unmet needs among the siblings of your clients
- recruiting siblings to participate in your service offerings
- identifying programs best suited for siblings at different stages (young siblings vs. adult
- understanding the impact of disability on siblings within multicultural communities
- integrating best practices for siblings of people with disabilities
To get started, email us at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
Educational Presentations from the MSSN
For family members, professionals, and service providers
No Sibling Left Behind:
- designed for parents of young siblings and professionals;
- addresses the overall sibling experience (what it’s like for siblings to grow up with a brother/sister with a disability);
- provides strategies to support siblings;
- explores current trends in sibling research and the growing sibling movement.
We request a $200 honorarium for No Sibling Left Behind.
Future Planning is a Family Affair:
- designed for adult siblings, although other family members and professionals can benefit as well;
- addresses how to effectively advocate for an adult brother/sister with disabilities;
- explores the legal and financial issues associated with caregiving, and
- discusses how best to work together as a family to make a plan for future care.
We request a $250 honorarium for Future Planning is a Family Affair.
To learn more or to schedule a presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.