nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan

nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan

Thanks, Mel. Not only are they easy (I had a 16-month old clinging to my legs for most of the process), they are fabulous! lovely execution, and hey–good luck in getting things back into ship-shape! Could I bake this in a 12-inch round pan? Hmm…no wonder I always had trouble spreading the batter all the way to the edges of the pan…I don’t have jelly roll pans, I have half-sheet pans (17 x 12-inch.) I’ve used a mix of peanut M&M’s and milk choc chips. These have been a family tradition to make on Christmas Eve with Christmas colored M&M’s. I used half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips. Oh man- I made these three times in the last three days! Take care! Hi Mel! They hold up well for several days! So easy! Oh my gosh, Jessica, I don’t quite know what to say about this! Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars, One Year Ago: Instant Pot Indian Vegetable Rice Second time making it so far! We’ve tried M&M’s and semi sweet chips (for valentines day!) If you cut the recipe in half, that should work! Will be re-visiting this one many times. . Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve made them several times and people always rave about them! I’ll post the adjusted measurements below. Helen – I’ll keep your little secret. WATCH : How to Make Cookie Dough for One Seriously, imagine getting a Christmas tree or gingerbread man-shaped cookie skillet—with included chocolate chip cookie … You just need 10 minutes to whip up these easy butterscotch cookie bars loaded with brown sugar and butterscotch chips. She actually uses it less than 30 minutes a day typically. One thing I have learned about Mel’s recipes is that following the instructions exactly is very often the key to the good results they provide. My boys kept eating them all. So-and-So” version in the mall goes for about $40 and that’s just crazy. So I ended up baking them for a total of 38 minutes. Instructions. I look forward to trying your recipes! I seem to follow the same pattern ever since. I know these bars are really good. Thank you for all your yummy recipes. I am very happy with it. I follow the recipe and cook time to a t but no luck. Hit the spot on a cold cloudy day! It was the biggest hit ever!!!!!! Makes 24 bars. They are thick and chewy and delicious!! Yes, I think you could use that instead of foil, My husband’s ultimate favorite dessert is a chocolate chip cookie. This is my favorite simple dessert recipe. Love your recipes. mine turned out very dry..maybe i mixed too much? This is my all time favorite quick cookie bar recipe! Wooden Spoon 9X13-inch pan Good thing I took them somewhere because I would’ve ended up eating them all by myself. Glad you’ve been a fan of these bars (and the photos!) Kim – I’ve never tried that but it should work ok. Just watch the amount of batter in your pan so it doesn’t overflow in the oven. A simple perfect keeper of a recipe! For more information, please visit and see what sets this high performance Should I double the recipe? But…since I have an inability to stay quiet when there are important things (ok, anything) to say, you won’t get off quite that easy. Even though the texture changed a bit, they were equally delicious. So good! I’m going to make several different kinds of chocolate chip cookies and have a blind taste test for everyone to vote on their favorites (root beer, too!). Cookies. My entire family loved these! I would probably just double and cut each pan into 15 squares. I love being able to pick up my phone, check my Qustodio app and see who is doing what and when etc. Thank you once again Mel. Thanks Mel. It’s quick, easy and delicious! It’s so much work for the mom! They’re buttery and a perfect chewy bar! I have made them for my family dozens of times and I appreciate the simplicity. . Thanks! Better than chocolate chip cookies. It makes your cookie bars … Maybe even better than chocolate chip cookies! Just made these last night. I tried these and they were fantastic! I definitely had to bake longer, but there were just as good as we remember! When I tried making these in the past the middles always tasted undercooked….I don’t have that problem with this recipe. They were SUPER easy, ended up cooking longer than suggested, but my oven was running cooler I think. Thanks for posting it! I made these today and they are the bomb! The whole family just loved them. Erin – I’m glad to have a comment so quickly from someone who has made these! I am a chocolate chip cookie monster. So quick and easy and amazing! Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. I was told I had to bring these next week, and to please double the batch. So glad it was helpful for you!! Hi, I would like to make these in 9 by 9 pan? This is my go to recipe every time! I love that kind of family history. It is perfect for when you are making a meal for someone and need a dessert. These are totally Delish! Mostly, I love dark chocolate and joggers (not jogging). Thanks for all you do and we appreciate you more than you’ll ever know! Take care! Great recipe, this was just what I was looking for. Because of you… people think I can cook , Melanie, Amy – I never really keep these on hand longer than a day so I haven’t had to store them any special way but the bread tip may be worth a try. They were delicious! If I need a guaranteed recipe for something I’ve never made before, your blog is the first place I hit. I used self rising flour instead of regular flour. I did line my pan with parchment paper instead of aluminum foil, and it worked out great. These are definitely a go-to in my house ! 4 months ago, as I whipped up a batch, I went into labor with my second daughter. This Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie is more like a brownie but it has all the rich flavors of Toll House cookies. Definitely a keeper recipe! and they came out perfect…the bars came out of the pan with ease, no sticking at all…thanks for an awesome recipe, Mel =). These look delicious. Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! These are amazing! I do have one question for Mel – Do you happen to have a version for these bars in which the base is a chocolate cookie? These are my absolute favorite–they have the perfect chew and sweet/salt balance. Whatever your troubles are, I’m praying they will be short lived. I used equal parts milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray. I would try chilling the dough for an hour before you bake them. Everyone loved them so I made them again for another gathering tonight  so easy and soooooo yummy! Can’t wait to try them! I think my husband might die of happiness if he could have double chocolate cookie bars . COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. I’ll never bother with regular cookies again. Ok, right after I hit the “publish your comment” button I saw someone had already suggested that. I’m a friend of your sister Emily, and have been visiting for quite a while, but just subscribed the other day. My husband will protest but they’re a little too rich for me. It made it difficult to spread in the pan, but oh so good. I have made many variations, all delicious (add chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts, caramels and sea salt, etc.!!! Made these and took them to a gathering. Roasted Asparagus Soup with Pumpernickel Croutons & Prosciutto Crisps Recipe (+ Vegan Version). I want to give this recipe to my sister but she lives at high altitude. Still melty chocolate chips? . . Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! I strongly recomend these!! Melanie, It’s time that I thank you for this lifesaving (ok that is semi dramatic but it gets the point across recipe! Kitchen, Dining & Bar > Bakeware > Baking Trays. Might be worth a try for anyone else with a food allergy. I followed recipe as written, except since I only had 1 cup of chocolate chips I supplemented with a handful of butterscotch chips and M&ms. Mel, I’m sorry I can’t find where to leave a comment about favorite podcasts. I don’t think I can bring myself to completely replace my chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I am DEFINITELY bookmarking this for the next time I specifically want bars. I love using the good old Nestle Toll House Recipe for my bar cookies. Hopefully, you figured this out long before I did! The larger surface area bakes faster in my experience. I just turned up the oven to 350 and will give a little more time…. I added the  2 cups of chocolate chips and half cup walnuts . I’m anxious to see what they look like cooled. My. Yes, for sure! Is the baking time doubled if I make a double batch? Five Years Ago: Italian Lasagna Rolls, {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Mel"},"datePublished":"2018-12-12","recipeYield":9,"image":["https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/choc-chip-bars5-720x720.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/choc-chip-bars5-720x540.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/choc-chip-bars5-720x405.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/choc-chip-bars5-735x490.jpg"],"recipeCategory":"Bars\/Brownies","prepTime":"PT12M","cookTime":"PT28M","performTime":"PT28M","totalTime":"PT40M","recipeIngredient":["12 tablespoons butter (1 1\/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly","1\/2 teaspoon salt","1\/2 teaspoon baking soda","1 cup (7 ounces) light brown sugar","1\/2 (3 1\/2 ounces) cup granulated sugar","1 large egg","1 large egg yolk","2 teaspoons vanilla extract","2 cups + 2 tablespoons (10 1\/2 ounces) all purpose flour","2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (semisweet, bittersweet, milk, white, peanut butter\u2026the options are endless! If using a glass pan, you might want to decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees. Ummm. Amazing! Thanks for the great recipe. I just made these and the batter seemed too thick so I cooked them as cookies, should the batter be too thick to pour. Thanks so much Chris!! My new go-to for a last minute neighbor treat! Curious how they do at high altitude? Makes about 35 (2") bars. Whew, I was wrong. Thanks for a delicious recipe that I’ll keep making for years to come. I made these tonight, and they were amazing! 2 cups (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunk Morsels. Last night I tried to make them and realized I didn’t have any chocolate chips. Thanks for letting me know they hit the spot on your cloudy day! I too just returned from a trip less than a week ago and was feeling so unmotivated, this was the perfect recipe to get me out of my baking funk! I just got done baking these — my 17 yr. old daughter and 11 year old son both love these! Press the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Oh, and my hubbie and adult son love them too! Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies. What would the difference be? I make these at least once a week. It made 12 bars total. I just fainted. BTW, I’m Danielle Peterson’s sister in law. We’ve made it twice in the last 24 hours because we were supposed to bring some to family dinner but ate too many…. I am also lazy. Everyone know that recipe as “jessica’s Chocolate chip cookies”. Thanks Melanie!! ","position":5,"name":"Bake until the bars are light golden brown...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-bars\/#mv_create_1303_5"}],"video":{"@type":"VideoObject","name":"Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars","description":"These super soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are easy (one bowl!) I’ll hope for the best and let you know how it goes. This recipe meets my needs perfectly. Fingers crossed. and decided not to line the pan…baked them in a disposable foil pan, didn’t even grease it (have i mentioned i’m rebellious??) (lots). These are just to scrumptious not to share. Yum, Yum and Yum. worst part is my husband and I downed each pan by ourselves! Cut into squares and serve. I like a pan cookie that is a little more cookie than chocolate, so I only use 1/2 cup of chips, but it’s a delicious cookie with great edges and a nice, chewy texture. Love all your recipes. fabby – thanks! I was able to get 25 bars out of my batch. I am now making another one one week later. Today, I made a batch as well as another batch to suit my friend’s daughter who has a dairy allergy. Could not find a better recipe than this. PREHEAT the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I had to run and make these over the weekend and boy, were they delish! I always add a teaspoon of cornstarch it just makes its extra chewy and good. And bonus: a recipe this classic and this easy is open to some flavor swaps with the chocolate chips. Mel, do you have any tips on adding peanut butter to the dough itself? I make these almost weekly. I wanted the bars to be thick. So chewey, we couldn’t stay away from them either. Perfect, especially the part where you “fold with a spatula”. These are delicious and so easy. They have a special place in my recipe book). Amazing! PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Thank you! Super good and awesomely easy! I made these to take to work and they were a huge hit! They are delicious as cookies though. But you can experiment and see if you like them that way! It is always one of 3 sites that I go to first when I need a new recipe. Took some to a friend and they loved them. Not only has this here blog been amazing for my menu planning, but it’s helped pull me through some recent late night nursing sessions As I said lifesaving recipe, I have used it to whip up for spontaneous play dates, the sweet treat in a meal I recently delivered to a friend in need, the occasional potluck, and when I just HAVE to have something sweet. I used milk chocolate and white Nestle morsels, pecan and chopped walnuts, and I baked it for 40 minutes at 325 in a deep 12 inch long 7 1/2 wise and 2 inch deep pan. These are truly my very favorite cookie bars EVER. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. You’re always my go-to food blog! Just want to thank you, Mel…I also swear by your beef broccoli and sweet and sour chicken recipe. I was searching for a good chocolate chip cookie bar, and was so excited when one of my favorite food bloggers was in the top three of the search results! I just made these and put them in the oven right before putting my little one down for a nap. https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cheesecake-bars Thank, thank you, thank you!!! Whipped it up just now in less than 20 minutes. Just pulled out my first tray from the oven and I can tell that I will be making these again and again. For a convection/fan oven, I’d bake these around 300 or 310 degrees. I can’t even begin to count how many of your recipes are now regular fare at our house! She talks about you every time recipes are mentioned. Thank you so much. I’ve been looking for a recipe to make a giant chocolate chip cookie – the size of a 12-inch pizza pan – to decorate for a birthday. Mel, I have been meaning to comment on these for months. Just pulled this recipe up again. , http://whatmegansmaking.blogspot.com/2009/02/bugs-bunny-bars.html. Thanks for sharing all of your amazing recipes. 1/2 teaspoon salt I have so much faith in you that I ordered your favorite Calphalon 9 x 13 pan without even thinking twice. Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan. So good fresh out of the oven! Thanks for making simple and delicious food! Yummy!! LOL just as they were going in the oven, I noticed the vanilla sitting on the counter unused. The only time I have available the day of to make it is around 10AM and the event isn’t until 6PM. Would it be possible to cut back on the butter? and u can get cupon!! My mom does a recipe blog and wants to know how to do that. Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies. Of course, with enough butter, sugar, & chocolate, anything would be . Sprinkle the top of the pan with the remaining ¾ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, then let stand for about 5 minutes or until the morsels are shiny and melting. I used dark chocolate and caramel chips–yum! With Valentine’s coming up, one could use a heart shaped cookie cutter on this bar. Probably due to differences in oven temperatures and type of oven (electric, convection, gas). Thank you for sharing this. I tried a few recipes, but while they tasted good, they were flat/thin. I made these with two small additions….coconut and sprinkled pecans on top. When I take them out they aren’t done at all and/or seem like cookies with too much butter (greasy and thin etc). They look phenomenal. Is that achievable with this recipe without compromising the chewiness/texture of the bars? They’re a hit every single time and so easy to throw together. Going to try the 38 minutes. Hi Laurie – both measurements are actually correct, it just depends on if you have a scale to weigh the ingredients or if you are going to use a cup measure. I also am lazy and just use two eggs. We chopped up a bunch of Easter candy from our candy jar and threw it all in – Kit Kats, M & M’s, Snickers, Reese’s Pieces, Trix and some chocolate chips too. Totally filled my homemade dessert craving! Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 inch so you can grab those edges and pull the brownies from the pan after they have baked. i made these and took them still warm to our new neighbours! This recipe is going in my “favorites” file! This will be my new go-to recipe for chocolate chip bar cookies for sure. I love these. And with chocolate chip cookie bars this delicious, you may find that you’re making them way more often than even your most favorite go-to cookie recipe (no scooping! Not these! Thanks for all the great recipes!!!! Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Doubletree Hotel Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sweet Molasses Bread {Restaurant Knock-off}, Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars, Salted Caramel Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Bars, http://www.thebaconharvest.com/best-choc-chip-cookies/, http://3sisterssharingideas.blogspot.com/2010/05/thick-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars.html, 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly, 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (10 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour, 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (semisweet, bittersweet, milk, white, peanut butter…the options are endless!). Love this recipe and will try it out on 75 people on Wednesday! Good luck! They make you a slave to the oven and timer. June 13, 2013 by Tina Verrelli 8 Comments Modified August 16, 2020 at 9:30 pm. Decorating Tips and Tricks and James MacDonald from Harvest Bible Chapel in the Chicago area. Do you think it would work to sub m&ms in for the chocolate chips? P.S. I would like to have that appealing golden brown look on the tops of the bars. They were delicious. I used half all-purpose flour and half white wheat flour, and added some pecans, and am very satisfied with the result. These bars, lawd, these bars are fantastic! These are my go to when I am in the mood for cookies and don’t want to wait around for butter to soften. I added a 1/2 teaspoon extra of baking soda per cup of regular flour asked for. Great taste and top was soft crisp. Quick question…can this be made into a cookie cake? These are the only blondies that have ever come out incredible for me. Yield: But I will keep trying, these look great. I may or may not have made these babies twice in four days this past week. They are delicious! Spread into prepared pan. I made these this week…they are THE BEST BAR cookies…EVER!! OMG! Prep Time: I’m so glad that you have enjoyed the recipes…if you ever start a food blog, be sure to let me know…I’ll be a follower for sure! I can’t wait to try more recipes from your site! SO good! The pan is in very good condition, see photos. These were the perfect mid-week pick me up for my girls who are in the middle of state standardized testing. Thanks for a great, easy recipe. I haven’t made the other two cookie recipes (at least not recently). I am completely addicted to your site. Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, salt and baking soda together until well combined. These cookie bars are SO good!! (I use a 9x13 pan and they come out just fine - I like a slightly thicker bar cookie anyway.) They are really good, and very cute too! I live overseas and only have an 11×17 pan. So easy to make last minute. Just bake, cool, slice and serve They enjoyed it so much! I was wondering if you use 2 1/8 cups or 10 1/2 oz of flour. These were outstanding! Sorry they didn’t work out for you! These look perfect! (Jelly roll pan?). And so easy. hat sounds good. How much would I need to reduce the recipe? 40 minutes I always have ingredients on hand and I’ve tried different mix-ins too. I made these a while ago and liked them, but recently I have been loving them. I’m making them today and adding walnuts. . Bobbi – glad your kids loved these bars! , Thank you – I will keep a close eye on these….there will be very hungry actors and actresses and I would hate to disappoint . Good luck! Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. We have a play date planned at our house this afternoon and last night I thought it would be fun to make a treat for the boys.

Ethos Pathos Logos In I've Been To The Mountaintop, Minecraft Water Feature, Black Limba Wood For Sale, Country Songs About Holding Hands, Niacin And Depression,