best apps for tokyo

best apps for tokyo

smartEX App – Android – iOS Comment below! The government even has a policy of “benign neglect” for the company… it’s all good to use the app and for those to host! Join our newsletter for Tokyo night life guides and special deals to the top night clubs. This App is the most trusted train routing App amongst Best Living Japan readers. Download: This blog post is available as a convenient and portable PDF that you can take anywhere. You need to have this app if you are looking to get the best deals on your trip and if you like to take advantage of your temporary stay. TAKKUN is the official app of the Tokyo Taxi Association. This app, created by the Japan Tourism Agency, is targeted towards tourists in Japan. _g1.setAttribute('src', _g1.getAttribute('data-src') ); Find cultural information, weather updates, a currency converter, phrasebook and even a translator. I can't remember if TimeOut Tokyo has an app, but it's a useful site nonetheless for things to do. jdlawrence's other advice. _g1 = document.getElementById('g1-logo-mobile-inverted-img'); Report inappropriate content . Tinder needs no introduction, its simple swipe left or right function has made it a must download dating app worldwide. Answer 1 of 11: I'll have a International data plan for my visit and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for useful iPhone apps. READ NEXT. Akebi (Android only): Imiwa’s Android kid brother, it offers almost parallel functionality for those who lack Apple’s iPhone. Dig deeper the charm of Tokyo. Hyperdia: the essential transportation app It shouldn’t surprise anyone that Hyperdia is at the top of any list of Japan travel apps. Read. Image courtesy of App Store Available for: iOS and Android Price: Free Note that some features require additional charges, please check the further information 10. Are there any apps you think are missing from the list? Save. Find out what to do and eat, where to go and stay and more at GO TOKYO. XE (iOS and Android): This Currency Conversion app works offline as well. It's basically just a subway/train map, with every single line in Tokyo. Fans of Lonely Planet will love their new Guides app. If you want to feel at home on the train, using your phone can make you fit in better with the Japanese. Téléchargez Tokyo Metro App for tourists et utilisez-le sur votre iPhone, iPad ou iPod touch. The best app that I found to use for Tokyo metro was Navitime. (Download) Konnichiwa! Here’s a “how to” to add the friend: Imiwa (iOS only): Offline in a crowded club or bar with no service? _g1.classList.remove('lazyload'); It will allow you to hand over that 1,000 yen bill without worrying that you just gave away your personal nest egg. AirBnB (iOS and Android): With hotel prices in nightlife areas being upwards of 200 USD a night, why not try the way more budget- and way more fun- AirBnB? Unfortunately, I don't know if … At the Bar: LINE (iOS or Android): This is the most used messaging app in the country. Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password. It even works on Japanese songs! Have fun on the Metro! 6 helpful votes. Tokyo Night Owl is the premiere nightlife guide and review for foreign residents and tourists in Tokyo. We love to travel - especially to Tokyo, Japan. Level Contributor . If you don’t know the name of the district, don’t worry as the WiFi Map can tell you the closest location. LINE  (iOS or Android): From the rating system, you an easily make a good decision even you don’t know Japanese. You can choose from entering station names or finding the station on the map. Metro maps are available offline to help you plan your route, and a ‘favourites’ feature lets you plan your day. Another fun feature is the ‘share’ option – once you’ve found a great spot, you can share it with friends and family on social media to help them plan their next trip. Yurekuru (iOS and Android): The cutest way to avoid being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can choose the departure … While spending two weeks exploring the amazing city we tested some apps that are helpful for tourists. A sense of direction. One Asia Festival: A Huge Online DJ Event! Tokyo’s TOP 5 Romantic Restaurants and Bars, Covid 19 in Tokyo: What Happens When You Test Positive, 12 Tokyo Restaurants Perfect For Eating After Drinks, Japanese Alcohol Guide: Distill The Essence Of ‘Sake’, Japanese Monsters: 6 Freaky Yokai You Need To Know, Japanese Horror Movies: 10 Spine-chilling Flicks, Tokyo Halloween Events 2020: 5 Ways to Celebrate, http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/, 7 Reasons Why Japanese Girls DON’T like Foreign Guys. Tokyo/Saitama, Tokyo/Chiba, and Tokyo/Kanagawa. It doesn't matter if you're vacationing, in Japan for business or here to stay for good, here are seven of our favorite smartphone apps. Switch to the light mode that's kinder on your eyes at day time. These apps will help you find your way around the mega metropolis of Tokyo, as well as find the best activities. It includes tourist information, maps of popular destinations and a new ‘traditional crafts/cultural experience’ area to help you find culture spots. Make sure you add the high speed translation “Friend” (move aside Google Translate). The Applications That Serve You Best For Traveling On A JR Line Pass In Japan. The Best Olympics Apps to Prepare for Tokyo 2020. Click here to get a copy. Tabelog helps you to find restaurants nearby and sort them by price and rating. Much of Japan’s local favourites are, unsurprisingly, in Japanese for domestic users. Just enter your start and end points and the Japan Transit Planner will recommend the fastest and chepest routes. We even wrote a complete guide on using Uber. Hyperdia is a wonderful app that lets you search train timetables all over Japan. It is available in English, Japanese and Chinese. And if that doesn’t sell you on this free app, the various stickers and cartoons surely will. So with your phone in hand, let’s download the best apps for Tokyo’s nightlife! } For those less versed, you can check out their site (in English): http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/). This ‘travel amulet’ app, developed by Narita International Airport Corporation, is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know when visiting Japan. Tokyo Tax-Free This app is available for Tokyo, but also a lot of other cities in Japan. Flight information and even a pre-order option for the duty-free shops is also included. _g1.setAttribute('src', _g1.getAttribute('data-src') ); We cover a range of topics, but primarily emphasize reviews of nightclubs and bars. Say Hello to Tokyo with These 17 Travel Apps 2 years ago. Download Tokyo travel apps. 5. if ( localStorage.getItem(skinItemId ) ) { 436 posts. _g1 = document.getElementById('g1-logo-inverted-img'); It’s incredibly accurate at recognizing spoken Japanese. This is most Japanese favourite app when they need to find the best place to eat. Get a 20 dollar AirBnB voucher here! Sign up and get a 20 dollar Uber voucher here! Aside from that, I think Google Maps, Japantrains and the others people have already mentioned would be good. Useful Apps for traveling Tokyo. TAKKUN is the official app of the Tokyo Taxi Association. Glowsticks At The Ready For A Starific Experience . Some of these features are even available offline. Find nearby attractions or things to do by region or city. As an added bonus, it even provides your estimated walking time. In addition, the reason many great travel apps … This dating site and app is especially popular with attractive, intriguing Japanese singles in their 20s and 30s. Find stations closest to you and sort routes according to speed or cost. } catch(e) {}. Have looked at sites but cannot make head nor tail of ITunes site. This makes it great for figuring out routes and getting to know Tokyo. Explore hidden gems even many locals don't know. In this article, we have listed some of the best … _g1.setAttribute('srcset', _g1.getAttribute('data-srcset')); Once you put in your start and end station, the app tells you the different options and the time it takes for each option. Essential to not get lost in the endless corridors of capital's underground, it will save you many hours of wandering. This app not only shows you how to get to your destination, but also calculates the cost of the full journey (and alternative pricing for different routes)! } Some of the Best Phone Apps for traveling By Rail In Japan are NAVITIME for Japan Travel, Japanese - English dictionary By Cooori, Yomiwa and Tokyo Metro. I've been using most of these apps for the past 5 years living here so I standby them being the best (in my opinion anyway). _g1.classList.remove('lazyload'); try { Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi is an app that lets you search for Wi-Fi areas and connect free of charge. This is the most used messaging app in the country. Posted by desouza October 30, 2018. United States. Read our articles for more on the best Tokyo night clubs and related advice. Fourteen different taxi companies participate, so you never need to worry about finding an available cab. Switch to the dark mode that's kinder on your eyes at night time. This app cannot be used for Japan Rail Pass holders. In this guide below I cover some of the most useful travel apps for Japan. You see which which trains to take, which stations to transfer, how much it should cost, and how long the trip will take. if ( localStorage.getItem(skinItemId ) ) { 2. If you draw them accurately, Google Translate will have spot-on recognition of the kanji and even tell you how to say it. Best one for the subway I have found is called "Route Map Tokyo" There are 3 I think. This app enables you to register and then book tickets for the shinkansen bullet trains on this route. Learn how your comment data is processed. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For specific Tokyo travel, this app is good for getting to know the city. JapanTaxi. http://iflyer.tv/en/feature/iphone_launch/#lang. A single registration allows you to connect to free Wi-Fi in over 150,000 areas all over Japan.

Sophist In The Republic, Bose Quietcomfort 25, Nestle Cream Recipes Desserts No Bake, Besthoff Family Net Worth, How To Eat Armadillo,